Student City

The Greater Casablanca region is one of the most important academic and educational hubs of the Maghreb. Every year, more than 27,000 young graduates from universities, colleges and vocational training centers graduate from Casablanca institutions and fuel the labor market.

Higher and vocational education in Morocco is substantially identical to the European model. It consists of public and private institutions providing initial or vocational training. Teaching is provided in French and Arabic. The academic year consists of two semesters.

Moroccan higher education is divided into two categories. On the one hand, higher education is organized by the Ministry of Higher Education. It trains managers from Bac + 3 to Bac + 8. On the other hand, the Ministry of Employment and Vocational Training offers vocational training to train specialized technicians in 2 or 3 years after baccalaureate.

There are private institutions in both categories of education. Higher education includes universities, schools and technological institutes. Thanks to a recent reform, the studies are organized on the LMD model:
• License in 3 years
• Master in 5 years
• Doctorate in 8 years

Grand Casablanca counts :
• 2 faculties of legal, economic and social sciences
• 3 faculties of Arts and Humanities
• 2 science faculties
• 1 faculty of technical sciences
• 1 faculty of medicine
• 1 faculty of dentistry
• 1 high school of technology
• 1 school of architecture
• 1 School of Economics (ENCG)
• Six major engineering schools
• 1 Civil Aeronautical Center for Meteorology
• A dozen of the top schools of commerce and management, among the most famous in the Maghreb and West Africa, at the head of them ESCA School of Management
• 80 public vocational training centers and institutes
• The largest French high school abroad, Lycée Lyautey
• More than 400 private training centers and institutes.

You want to study in Morocco ?
Once in Morocco, you must do three very important tasks :
• Finalize your university registration
• To find accommodation
• Apply for your residence card.

As a foreign student, you have three months to get it done. To apply for your residence permit, you must contact the aliens service of the National Security of the city where you reside. Documents will then be requested to build your file.

After filing your application, you will receive a receipt, which will replace the residence card until it is issued. The residence card is valid for one year. If you stay longer, you will have to renew it every two months.