Great Casablanca is one of the largest academic and educational centers in the Maghreb. Each year, more than 27 000 graduates from Casablanca Universities, Business Schools and Training Centers supply local and regional labor market.
Higher and executive education in Morocco is substantially identical to the European model. It is composed of public and private institutions providing initial or vocational training. The instruction is provided in French and Arabic. Academic years consist of two semesters.
Moroccan higher education is divided into two categories. On the one hand, higher education is mentored by the Ministry of National Education. It educates bachelor, master and doctorate students. On the other hand, the Ministry of Employment and Vocational Training provides professional education and train technicians.
Private schools offer both categories of teaching. Higher education includes universities, schools and technical institutes. Thanks to a recent reform, studies are organized on the Bologna model:
• Bachelor degrees (3 years of study)
• Master degrees (5 years of study)
• Doctorate / Ph-D (8 years of study)
• 2 universities specializing in law, economy and social sciences
• 3 universities specializing in arts and humanities
• 2 social sciences faculties
• 1 technical sciences faculty
• 1 medicine faculty
• 1 dentistry faculty
• 1 college of technology
• 1 school of architecture
• 1 school of economics
• Six major engineering schools
• 1 civil center for aviation and meteorology
• A dozen business schools that are among the most renowned of the Maghreb and West Africa (at the head of them is ESCA Ecole de Management)
• 80 public centers and institutes for vocational training
• The largest French school abroad, the Lycée Lyautey
• More than 400 private centers for vocational training.
You want to study in Morocco?
Once in Morocco, you must perform three important tasks:
• Finalize your university enrollment
• Find accommodation
• Ask your residence.
As an international student, you have three months to get these tasks done. To apply for your residence permit, you must apply to the Foreigners’ Department of Casablanca’s National Security Services. Documents will be asked to complete your file. After filing your application, you will be given a receipt, which will replace the residence card until it is delivered. The residence permit is valid for one year. If you stay longer, you have to renew it every two months.